APPLICATIONS and HOW YOUR FAMILY QUALIFIES
Children are referred to Special Santa by agencies, schools, Toys for Tots, churches, food banks and programs that work with families in need.
Qualification for Program
- You must be a Mat-Su Valley Resident with proof of residency.
- Children must be between the ages of newborn to 18 or still in high school.
- Families that work with agencies that assist families in need and meet the financial guidelines. However, there are exceptions when a family is in crisis, such as fire, death in the family, sudden loss of job, etc.
- Children in foster care, group homes and other programs may qualify for the Special Santa Program.
- A wish list is completed for each child.
- Children receive gifts from their wish list, personal items, a book, stocking stuffers and if requested winter wear and school supplies.
Coordination with Other Programs
In an effort to keep families from using more than one program Special Santa coordinates with other gift giving programs such as Salvation Army, Palmer Catholic Church, Big Lake Lions, Willow Community Center and schools that sponsor families.
Qualifications for Program if you work with any of the following organizations and meet financial guidelines.
___ Food Bank: ___ Palmer ___ Wasilla ___ Salvation Army
Other Food Bank: _____________________________
___ OCS (Office of Children Services) ___ Public Assistance
___ Food Stamps ___ CCS Learning
___ AK Family Services ___ Mat-Su Services for Children & Adults
___ Mat Su Health Services
___ Other Agency: ____________________________________
Must Show Proof of Residency in the Mat-Su Borough.
- Provide a bill with the address and your name. OR
- School child(ren) attend. OR
- Letter from agency working with.
YOU MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY
YOU MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY. (Check Each)
_____ Only one person per family may enroll your children in the gift program. _____ Your children must be 18 or younger.
_____ The gifts have to be for your children in YOUR HOUSEHOLD ONLY. _____ This must be the only gift program you are receiving gifts from.
_____ *Pick-up date is according to the PARENT’S SIGNING UP LAST NAME.
Family Size Monthly
2 $2,553 or Less
3 $3,209 or Less
4 $3,865 or Less
5 $4,521 or Less
Each Addition $657